Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Herbal Ally Updates and Survey

I apologize for the lack of Herbal Ally updates. Spring is catching up with me!

I promise to continue offering them and I will have the next one posted shortly. In the meantime, I wanted to take a survey for those participating in the Challenges. If you could answer the questions in comments, that would be helpful for me.

1. How often do you feel you can manage to get a new challenge? once a week, once every 2 weeks, once a month? What pace works best for you?

2. Do you feel you are benefitting from the amount of challenge that is offered each time? Is it too much? Not enough? Anything I could improve upon?

3. Are there any specific challenges you'd like to see offered/covered in the future? Do the challenges seem balanced enough between the emotional/creative side and the practical/knowledge side?

4. Would you be interested in creating a challenge and offering it on your blog as sort of a herbal ally challenge blog post party, similar to past herbal blog posting parties? This is an idea Ananda suggested as a way to help me out when I get to bogged down to do the challenges myself: different people would volunteer to post upcoming challenges, either those they made up or from a list I'd provide.

5. How would you feel if the challenge took that direction and was co-hosted?

6. Anything else you'd like to add, suggest or say?

I truly appreciate your feedback on this! I want this challenge to continue and I have enjoyed doing what I've offered so far, I just feel I am letting everyone down by not being able to post them in a timely manner at the moment. Please be honest, you won't hurt my feelings! This is exactly why I started the challenge because I knew if I didn't host it publicly, I'd personally not follow through. :) I am thrilled so many have joined in and I don't want to let you down!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...I just wrote a big comment and it didn't work! Is anyone else having that problem?

Anonymous said...

Okay - that worked this time. I'll have to rewrite my actual comment later!

Anonymous said...

1. I'm still catching up, but once I do I feel like one a month would probably be great - especially if it's in the same "weekly" format you've got going on now (it could even be - do this for two weeks adn then this for two weeks)

2. I think your challenges are great! Very balanced and thoughtful but not too "hard"

3. I can't think of anything specific I'd like to see added although I would love to see more creative work (making art inspired by our plants or something of the sort)

4. I think this is a great idea! I'd be happy to come up with a challenge or to do other people's!

5. See above!

6. thanks again for putting this together! I really appreciate the gentle structure and possibility of feedback from other participants!

karisma said...

1. Depending on the amount of work involved but I think 2 weeks is good. Initially I loved the weekly challenges as I had time to get stuck into them but I have found it a bit harder lately. Having said that, I found that if the challenge was there I made the time so maybe the extra work was good for me.

2. Yes, I am happy with all of the challenges. I think my own habit of thinking too much on presentation is holding me up at the moment. The way I would like to present my last challenge is beyond my capabilities at the moment. Its all there waiting to be shared but I can't seem to get it together. I feel like if I don't do it right I am somehow letting down my ally as this is how her story came to me.

3. I love all the challenges but I guess the more practical ones keep me focused on learning more. I do however love the creative ones and I have a few ideas myself.

4. Sure why not? I would probably make my challenge creative though, as I said, I already have ideas I would like to try out.

5. I don't mind at all. If it helps you out and everyone else is happy, why not?

6. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to join in. I have looked for a local mentor with no luck so far. So most of my learning has been self motivated. My habit of tasting wild flowers and leaves has my family in a dither that I may be poisoned. LOL A local wisewoman would be so wonderful to meet but I can't seem to find one. I have to admit to feeling a little lonely at times when I read of others getting together to learn hands on.

Your challenges have helped me not just with my ally, but led me on other wild treks as a result of one thing leading to another. I am loving the small online community and everyones suggestions and shared knowledge. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Well, let's see:

1. I think a once a month challenge would be great.

2. I really like the amount of work each challenge takes.

3. Hmmm.. I think we could do some comparison challenges... for those who bought dried plant material vs fresh plant material we have growing now. I like sensory based challenges :)

4. I would love to help out with a blog party or with creating a challenge; whatever you need.

5. I think it would be cool if you had a co host. :)

6. I'm McLuvin this! (((hug))) thank you so much for the loads of inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I am completely behind as well, so I understand being busy. At least you remember to post. I completely neglect my blog in the spring. That is one of the reason's I haven't started my challenge that I have an idea for.
Personally I think slowing it down to one challenge per month would be okay.
I am perfectly content to do whatever works for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails