Saturday, February 26, 2011

Herbal Ally Challenge #7: Completed

Just so ya'll didn't think I was superwoman or anything, I fell behind in my own challenges, lol. I was still studying Nettle, I just didn't get a chance to make an oil until this week.

I chose the stove top method for making my oil this time round because the weather outside is still cool and unpredictable. I added a handful of dried nettle then covered with olive oil. I let the oil infuse on low heat for about 2 hours and when I strained off the oil and the nettles were crispy. Done!

This oil I placed next to our regular cooking oil and I will use it in our meals for the next few weeks as well as with the nettle vinegar as a salad dressing.

How did your oils turn out?

1 comment:

karisma said...

Haha! Glad I was not the only one then. Regarding your comment re my oils. Thanks for the advice, its good to know I did not fail in my efforts so I will try letting it sit longer next time. I am thinking of trying some garlic next as I have loads of it at the moment.

I did use dried tansy this time not fresh it's just that I have been drying it inside and it stays a lovely green colour.

The tincture is getting really dark now. Do you think I should strain it yet? I am trying really hard not to worry about potency but everyone around me is worrying that I might poison myself. LOL

I think if that was going to happen it would have by now. I am in the habit of tasting leaves and plants when I am out and about to see if they are edible or not! hehe!

Have a beautiful day lovely lady! xoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails